CANADA-KOREA BUSINESS FORUM 2020
Forging Business Opportunities
Date: Thursday | March 5 | 2020 | 3 pm – 8 pm
Venue: Ontario Investment & Trade Centre | 250 Yonge St. | 35th Floor | Toronto
The Canada Korea Business Council and World Trade Centre Toronto are hosting Canada-Korea Business Forum 2020, an exciting event to bring together Korean and Canadian executives, entrepreneurs and investors for an engaging and interactive discussion.
The CKBC is established to be Canada’s business, export trade and investment attraction facilitator, catalyst and advocate on Korea. It is a private, not-for-profit business association.
You will gain insights into what is happening in Korea and Canada. Join the conversation on how you can capture opportunities.
The early bird registration fee is $95 and you can register online at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/canada-korea-business-forum-2020-tickets-92247929039
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm Presentations & Panel Discussions
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Networking & Cocktail Reception
- What is the export opportunity industries and sectors?
- How do you attract investments from Korea?
- How do you invest in Korea?
- What joint venture & M&A opportunities are on the horizon?
- How do you work with Korean conglomerates?
- What area the strategies for SMEs?
Tae-In Chung, Consul General, Republic of Korea
Don Romano, President & CEO, Hyundai Auto Canada
Stephen Wiktorski, Head of Networks, Samsung Electronics Canada
YoungHwa Jung, Director General, Korea Trade & Investment
Rod Elliot, Senior VP, Global Public Affairs
Marnie Starkman, Senior VP, Toronto Blue Jays
Sonny Cho, President & CEO, Canada Korea Business Council
Jose Santoyo, Director, Trade & Inv., World Trade Centre Toronto
TBA, A. Deputy Minister, Ontario International Trade
Many of CKBC’s advisors who are business school professors, current/former diplomats and current/former international executives will also be in attendance for networking and conversations.
- Consumer: Auto | Beauty | Natural Health | Electronics | Food
- Industrial: Aerospace | Renewable Energy | Automation
- Technology: AI | ICT | TMT | Life Science | Environment
- Financial: Real Estate | Private Equity | Infrastructure |
- Canadian and Korean corporate executives and entrepreneurs seeking joint ventures, investments and international trades
- 100 executives
- Government of Ontario
- Government of Canada
- Consulate General of Korea
- Korea Trade & Investment Promotion Agency
- CATA – Canadian Advanced Technology Alliance
- ITAC – Information Technology Association of Canada
- Canadian Food Exporters Association
- Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada
- Hyundai Auto Canada
- Samsung Electronics Canada
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Global Public Affairs
- Sonny Cho International Inc.
- Air Canada
- Greybrook Realty Partners
- Toronto Blue Jays
- Jones & Co. Law Office
- McCarthy Tetrault LLP
- Boden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Owens Wright LLP
- Fragomen LLP
- PackP Marketing
- Bennett Jones LLP