We are pleased to invite you to participate in an Educational Mission to Germany taking place in Cologne, Germany from October 5-9, 2019.
The objectives of the mission are to:
- Raise awareness of Germany as a potential market for Canadian food, beverage & ingredient products.
- Explore opportunities for Canadian products by visiting the Anuga show.
- See trends in the region for value-added products by visiting local stores.
The program will include:
- Educational seminar/webinar about the European market
- Market briefing materials
- Show entry pass
- Access to CFEA lounge in Organic Hall 5.1
- Retail bus tour
Brief Market Overview & Trends:
- Population of 83 Million
- Per capita income of US $46,747
- Imported US $61 billion in food & agriculture product in 2017 and is considered one of the largest food & agricultural importers in the world
- Major producer of food and agricultural products
- Fair trade and organic products are important to the German consumer and Germany is the second largest organic market
- Health conscious consumers are fuelling the demand for health and wellness products
- Ethnic foods, beauty & super foods, clean label and “free from” products are attracting a lot of attention in this market.
The cost to participate in this program is CDN $800.00/members or CDN $1,653.00/non-members.
If you are not a CFEA member and would like to access the member rate and funding for your travel expenses, you can apply online for membership at https://www.cfea.com/application and pay the annual fee of CDN $565.00. Only companies producing products in Canada are eligible for membership and to participate in our programs.
Space in this program is limited so if you are interested in participating, we recommend you register quickly. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to working with you.
Travel Reimbursement Details (for CFEA members only): upon completion of this mission, you will be provided with a claim form to apply for the reimbursement of your travel expenses. The reimbursement will consist of 50% of an economy class airfare up to a maximum reimbursement of CDN $900.00 (maximum two per company) and a per diem of CDN $212.50 per day up to a maximum of 7 days (maximum two per company).
It is important to keep the following documentation for the claim process: a copy of your airline itinerary that shows the travel dates and price paid for the ticket and boarding passes. You will also be required to provide proof of payment (credit card statement or cancelled cheques). Cash payments are not permitted. NOTE: If you fly premium economy or business you will be expected to provide an economy ticket mock up along with the paid ticket and the reimbursement will be based on whichever is lower.