We are pleased to invite you to participate in an Educational Mission to the Netherlands taking place in Amsterdam from December 1-3, 2020.
The objectives of the mission are to:
- Raise awareness of the Netherlands as a potential market for Canadian food, beverage & ingredient products.
- Explore opportunities for Canadian products by visiting the PLMA show.
- See trends in the region for value-added products by visiting local stores.
The program will include:
- Educational seminar/webinar about the European market
- Market briefing materials
- Show entry pass
- Retail bus tour
Brief Market Overview & Trends:
- Population of 17 Million
- Per capita income of US $44,740
- Imported US $80 billion in food & agriculture product in 2018 and is considered the largest importing country within the EU.
- Over six thousand food companies in the Netherlands generated a turnover of 92.4 billion USD in 2018.
- Growing demand for food products with a special claim and sustainable production methods.
- Growing demand for new products, innovative food concepts, and international cuisine.
- Growing demand for functional, fresh, and processed food products that contribute to a healthier lifestyle.
- Gateway into other EU markets.
The cost to participate in this program is CDN $700.00/members or CDN $1,400.00/non-members. Note: if a 2nd person is also attending there will be an additional cost of CDN $350.00/members or CDN $700.00/non-members for their participation.
If you are not a CFEA member and would like to access the member rate and funding for your travel expenses, you can apply online for membership at https://www.cfea.com/application and pay the annual fee of CDN $565.00. Only companies producing products in Canada are eligible for membership and participation in our programs.
Space in this program is limited so if you are interested in participating, we recommend you register quickly. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to working with you.
Travel Reimbursement Details (for CFEA members only): upon completion of this mission, you will be provided with a claim form to apply for the reimbursement of your travel expenses. The reimbursement will consist of 50% of an economy class airfare up to a maximum reimbursement of CDN $900.00 (maximum two per company) and a per diem of CDN $212.50 per day up to a maximum of 5 days (maximum two per company).
It is important to keep the following documentation for the claim process: a copy of your airline itinerary that shows the travel dates and price paid for the ticket and boarding passes. You will also be required to provide proof of payment (credit card statement or cancelled cheques). Cash payments are not permitted. NOTE: If you fly premium economy or business you will be expected to provide an economy ticket mock up along with the paid ticket and the reimbursement will be based on whichever is lower.
Funding for this program is provided by
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s
AgriMarketing Program: National Industry Association Component