The Canadian Food Exporters Association would like to invite you to participate in the ISM show taking place at the Koelnmesse, Cologne, Germany from January 27-30, 2019.
ISM is the world’s largest trade fair for the sweets & snacks industry which takes place annually in Germany. In 2018, 37,500 trade visitors from 144 countries attended the show to meet with the 1,656 exhibitors. Not only buyers from the largest trading companies were on-site, also the online trade and the specialized were present, which is important to the ISM exhibitors.
Product segments that do well at ISM:
- Chocolate and chocolate products
- Sugar confectionery
- Snack foods
- Savoury snacks, ready-to-eat
- Fruit snacks and vegetables snacks
- Breakfast incl. coffee and tea
- Ice cream, deep-frozen confectionery
The following trade categories are expected to visit ISM:
- Trade chains and their regional branches
- Filling stations-chains – central/local administration
- Suppliers for foodservice
- Retail confectionery trade
- Pastry shops, cafés, bakeries, confectioneries
- Cash & carry operations
- Bakery requirement wholesale
- Health food wholesalers
- Drugstore chains
- Department stores
- Online-food retailers
- Vending machine operators
You can learn more about this show at http://www.ism-cologne.com/
The cost to participate with the CFEA is CDN $3,787.00/members (CDN $7,574.00/non-members) for a 6sqm stand (only one available), CDN $4,734.00/members (CDN $9,46/non-members) for a 7.5sqm stand and CDN $5,680.00/members (CDN $11,360/non-members) for a 9sqm stand. The Canada branded hardwall designed stand will include the following elements: lighting, carpet, basic electricity, company name sign, counter with company logo, tall glass display case, table and 3 chairs.
To register for this event please go to https://www.cfea.com/ism-show-registration
Note: If you are not a CFEA member and would like to access the member rate, you can apply online for membership at https://www.cfea.com/application and pay the annual fee of CDN $565.00. Only companies producing products in Canada are eligible for membership and participation in our events.
Benefits of participating with the CFEA:
- Reduction in your space, travel and shipping costs (for CFEA members only)
- Full service event coordination and dedicated onsite assistance through the CFEA
- Opportunity to showcase your products to International buyers
- Network with other Canadian companies and Embassy/Consulate Staff
Travel/Shipment Reimbursement Details (for CFEA members only): upon completion of the event, you will be provided with a claim form to apply for the reimbursement of your travel and shipping expenses. The reimbursement will consist of 50% of an economy class airfare up to a maximum reimbursement of CDN $900.00 (maximum 2 per company), a per diem of CDN $212.50 per day up to a maximum of 6 days (maximum 2 per company) and a partial reimbursement of your sample shipment expenses (up to a maximum of $500.00).
The following documentation will be required for the claim process: airline itinerary (showing dates travelled and price paid), boarding passes for all flight segments, and a shipment invoice. Proof of payment for airline ticket & shipping invoice will also be required. NOTE: If you fly premium economy or business you will be expected to provide an economy ticket mock up along with the paid ticket and the reimbursement will be based on whichever is lower.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you!