The Trade Commissioner Service in Seoul, in partnership with provinces and the CFEA, will organize a Canada pavilion at the Seoul International Café Show (SICS), one of the major food and drink trade shows in South Korea. This program is designed to serve the needs of the Canadian gourmet foods and consumer product companies either currently exporting to Korea or interested in entering the Korean market. The program will consist of:
- Pre-event webinar (Oct 14, TBD): for the participating companies, the TCS will organize a webinar to provide market insights as well as information to prepare for the pavilion and the B2B matching activities.
- Canadian Pavilion at the SICS (4 days; Nov. 23-26): the Canada pavilion will showcase up to 10 Canadian exhibitors (7-8 from agrifood sector and 2-3 from the consumer products sector).
- B2B matchmaking (during the tradeshow): the TCS Seoul will SEOUL will connect the Canadian exhibitors with potential Korean buyers with specific sourcing interests and arrange on-site or virtual meetings between the companies.
Given the Korean café industry has become the fastest growing sector especially in the last few years, the Seoul International Café Show (SICS) is arguably the most popular food and beverage industry shows in Korea. With over 625 exhibitors registered to showcase, this event provides a valuable opportunity for exhibitors to promote their products and meet industry professionals from food services, processors, retailers, importers, and distributors.
Target audience: Canadian companies offering and exporting Canadian gourmet foods and consumer products for hotel, restaurant and café industry.
- coffee and tea products
- bakery products
- other gourmet foods
- coffee and teaware
- packaging and appliances for coffee and tea
- coffee machine & goods
- espresso machine
- roasting/brewing equipment, grinder and filter
Each participant will receive one podium and chair at no cost. Register your interest to attend by September 19th: https://forms.gle/TzYciNgauAWqwnSc7 (your registration will be reviewed by the Trade Commissioner Service and if your company is chosen to participate you will be expected to attend in person)
Any questions, please contact Ms Jungyoon Hong (JungYoon.Hong@international.gc.ca, 82-10-9260-0681).