The CFEA is organizing a webinar on Canada’s latest Free Trade Agreement, the TPP11 and the opportunities for food exporters which will take place on February 27th at 1pm ET.
The New Year brought great news for Canadian exporters: the Trans-Pacific Partnership came into effect between Canada, Australia, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand and Singapore on Dec 30th, 2018, with Vietnam added to the list on Jan 14th, 2019. The webinar will outline the content of the Agreement and how to benefit from it.
- brief history, milestones and next steps
- the reduction of customs duties/tariffs: which products are covered and what are the timelines
- the TPP’s Rules of Origin
- Documentary requirements, including origin certification
- Logistics consideration
- Some key differences with NAFTA and CETA
- Question period
This webinar will be delivered by Christian Sivière. Following an international logistics career of +30 years in Europe and Canada, Christian started a Montréal-based import-export consultancy in 2010, Solimpex, active in two areas:
- consulting to help SMEs grow internationally; and
- training on International Trade, Free Trade Agreements, Supply Chain Management, Importing,
Exporting, Logistics, Customs Compliance and related topics.
Christian gives seminars and webinars for various trade organizations and personalized training
to importers and exporters. He also publishes articles in Inside Logistics and other publications.
This webinar is for CFEA member’s only. Register online for free at https://www.cfea.com/trans-pacific-partnership-webinar-registration/