Classically made with tuna, this salad features grilled marinated bison as a rich and flavourful substitute that turns this lunch salad into a dinner main. In this recipe you can use Noble Premium Bison Marinating or Grilling Steaks.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes (+ marinating time)
1 cup (250 mL) red wine
1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tsp (10 mL) herbes de Provence
1 tsp (5 mL) salt and pepper
1/4 tsp (1 mL) brown sugar
4 Noble Premium Bison Inside Round Steaks or Noble Premium Bison Top Sirloin Steaks (2 lb/908 g)
1 lb (500 g) mini potatoes
1/2 lb (250 g) French green beans, trimmed
4 cups (1 L) arugula
2 cups (500 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
Olive Tapenade Vinaigrette:
1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
3 tbsp (45 mL) white wine vinegar
1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and pepper
1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped Nicoise olives
1 small shallot, minced
1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh thyme
4 tsp (20 mL) finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Salad: In shallow dish, stir together wine, oil, garlic, herbes de Provence, salt, pepper and brown sugar; add steaks, tossing to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in pot of boiling salted water for 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well; let cool completely and cut in half. Set aside.
- In same pot, cook green beans in boiling salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to bowl of ice water to refresh; drain well and set aside.
- Olive Tapenade Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; stir in olives, shallot, thyme and tarragon.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Remove steaks from marinade, shaking off any excess. Discard marinade. Grill steaks for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare or until cooked as desired. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Arrange arugula, tomatoes, potatoes, green beans and sliced steak on 4 plates; drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Add halved hard-boiled eggs to salad if desired.
- Garnish salad with finely crumbled goat cheese if desired.
Recipe by Noble Premium Bison https://www.noblepremiumbison.ca