400g Puff pastry
2- 255g SF Caramelized Onion Topped Hummus
3 tbsp Unsalted butter
1 large Red onion, sliced thin
2 tbsp Olive oil
227g Mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp Garlic, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
140g Plain or herbed goat cheese, crumbled
Fresh Chives and thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a large skillet over medium-high heat add butter. Once melted add the sliced onions and cook until soft, 5 min.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and mushrooms and cook down until mushrooms are soft, 5 minutes. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Place mixture in bowl to cool.
- Unroll one sheet of puff pastry and cut into thirds, making 9 squares out of one sheet.
- Place each square on parchment lined baking sheet and poke holes with a fork in each square. Stir the Summer Fresh Caramelized Onion Topped Hummus and spread 3-4 tbsp on each square, add 1-2 tbsp. of mushroom and onion mixture, top with crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 17-20 min or until edges are golden and pastry has puffed. Remove and sprinkle with diced chives and thyme.
Recipe compliments of Summer Fresh.