Al Safa’s Chicken Gyro Slices used to make a Gyro Bowl!! The best part is you get to use whatever toppings you want!!
InstaPot Yellow Rice Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup parboiled basmati rice
3 cups of water
2 bay leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon powder
1/2 tsp allspice
3 tbs oil
- Turn instant pot turn on the sauté feature.
- Mix together the oil and rice, then add in the seasonings mixing well.
- Add in the water.
- Turn off the sauté feature.
- Close the life and press the rice button for 12 minutes, high pressure.
- Quick release and enjoy!
Taziki Sauce Ingredients:
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Mayo
1/4 cup Finley chopped cucumber
1/4 c chopped fresh dill
1 clove garlic
1 tsp salt
- In a food processor, puree the cucumber with the garlic, add in the salt, sour cream and mayo and mix together – add in the dill and pulse a few times together.
- Place in a glass jar and refrigerate a few hours before using.
Assemble your gyro bowl with ingredients of your choice. This recipe includes cherry tomatoes, grilled roti/naan, sliced cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese, pickled onions and arugula. Enjoy!
Recipe by Al Safa Foods Canada https://alsafahalal.com/portfolio-item/halal-chicken-gyro-slices/