Al Safa’s Spicy Beef Sausage used to make a Cajun Jambalaya inspired Pasta!!
Al Safa Beef Smoked Sausage cubed
1 cup shrimp
½ cup heavy cream
Cajun creole seasoning
1 red bell pepper sliced
1 yellow bell pepper sliced
1 yellow onion sliced
3 gloves garlic thinly sliced
28oz crushed fire roasted tomatoes
Pasta of your choice
Cilantro for garnish
- Boil pasta in salted water, stir occasionally.
- In a skillet on high heat, drizzle with olive oil and place onions – caramelization and stir occasionally.
- Move onions to one side of the skillet and place bell peppers on the other side – leave in skillet and stir occasionally to char vegetables.
- Season with Creole Cajun seasoning. Add garlic and cherry tomatoes. Mix.
- Create a well in the middle of the skillet, add in beef sausage. Caramelize ingredients.
- Stir, create a well in the middle of skillet, add can of crushed tomatoes and shrimp.
- Season with black pepper and creole seasoning.
- Once pasta is finished, remove and drain water, add pasta to skillet. Mix well.
- Add in heavy cream, grated parmesan, mix well.
- Add more Creole Cajun seasoning to taste (personal preference). Garnish with cilantro and grated parmesan. Enjoy!
Recipe by Al Safa Foods Canada https://alsafahalal.com/portfolio-item/halal-beef-smoked-sausage/