¾ cup Warm water
1 Package of active dry yeast
½ tsp Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Melted butter
1¼ cup All-purpose flour
½ tsp Fine salt
Cornmeal (enough to dust 2 baking sheets)
Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Jar of Caramelized Onion Compote for Cheese
1 cup(approx.) Crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk together warm water, active dry yeast, sugar, and the melted butter. Let stand until yeast is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until mixture clumps together. Add a little flour if the dough is too wet.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured work surface until smooth and elastic, and 3 minutes. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces; toll each into a ball.
- Place dough on flour-dusted baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Leave dough in a warm place to rise so that it doubles in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle 2 baking sheets lightly with cornmeal; roll each dough ball into 3 to 4 inch rounds. Transfer 6 rounds onto each baking sheet. Pierce dough all over with a fork. Brush generously with Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Spread dough with Caramelized Onion Compote for Cheese leaving a ¼-inch plain border. Top with thyme leaves and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed golden.
- Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top of the focaccia and transfer to serving platter.
Recipe compliments of Wildly Delicious Fine Foods