¾ cup Warm water
1 Package of active dry yeast
½ tsp Granulated sugar
2 tbsp Melted butter
1¼ cup All-purpose flour
½ tsp Fine salt
Cornmeal (enough to dust 2 baking sheets)
Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Jar of Caramelized Onion Compote for Cheese
1 cup(approx.) Crumbled goat cheese
1. Whisk together warm water, active dry yeast, sugar, and the melted butter. Let stand until yeast is dissolved, about 10 minutes.
2. Whisk flour and salt in a medium bowl. Add yeast mixture to flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until mixture clumps together. Add a little flour if the dough is too wet.
3. Knead dough on a lightly floured work surface until smooth and elastic, and 3 minutes. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces; toll each into a ball.
4. Place dough on flour-dusted baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Leave dough in a warm place to rise so that it doubles in size, about 45 to 60 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 450°F. Sprinkle 2 baking sheets lightly with cornmeal; roll each dough ball into 3 to 4 inch rounds. Transfer 6 rounds onto each baking sheet. Pierce dough all over with a fork. Brush generously with Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
6. Spread dough with Caramelized Onion Compote for Cheese leaving a ¼-inch plain border. Top with thyme leaves and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed golden.
7. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese on top of the focaccia and transfer to serving platter.
Recipe compliments of Wildly Delicious Fine Foods