The Canadian Food Exporters Association would like to invite you to participate in the PLMA Show taking place at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois from November 13-15, 2022.
Store brands enjoyed record double digit growth last year across all US channels. All signs point to that growth continuing. PLMA’s trade show is your in-person connection to thousands of retailers and wholesalers representing supermarkets, drug chains, mass merchandisers, supercenters, specialty retailers, dollar stores, club stores, and military exchanges, as well as importers and exporters, brokers, and sales agents from North America and around the world. They’ll all be hunting for innovative and high-quality store brand products just like yours.
You can learn more about this show at http://www.plma.com
The cost to participate with the CFEA is CDN $4,800.00 for a 10×10 stand (available to CFEA members only). The Canada branded hardwall designed stand will include the following elements: one front counter, one round table with 3 chair, 3 shelves (1m), one wastebasket, and carpet. Each exhibitor will also receive 2 exhibitor badges.
In order to participate in this event, you must be or become a member of the Private Label Manufacturers Association (PLMA). The annual fee is US $1500. You can download the application form at this link (please send it directly to the PLMA).
To register for this event please go to https://www.cfea.com/plma-2022-registration/
If you are not a CFEA member and would like to participate through the CFEA, you can apply online for membership at https://www.cfea.com/application and pay the annual fee of CDN $565.00. Only companies producing products in Canada are eligible to participate in this event and for membership in the CFEA.
Benefits of participating with the CFEA:
- Reduction in your space, travel and shipping costs (for CFEA members only)
- Full-service event coordination
- Opportunity to showcase your products to private label buyers
- Network with other Canadian companies and Consulate Staff
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will only be permitted if a replacement can be found to take the space. In the event a replacement can be found a $500.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund.
COVID Policy: In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. In this context, we inform you that by registering for this activity, you agree to bear the responsibility related to it and you agree to pay the costs incurred if the event is cancelled.
- As a co-exhibitor in the Canadian pavilion, you are subject to the same rules and regulations that apply to a direct exhibitor.
- The CFEA will take the necessary steps to limit the costs incurred if the event is cancelled. However, you agree to pay the sums, after applicable subsidies, that could not be reimbursed.
- If you cannot attend the show due to potential travel restrictions, you agree to have a local representative attend in your place and you further agree not to leave the booth vacant.
Travel / Shipment Reimbursement (CFEA members):
CFEA members will receive 50% reimbursement of an economy airline ticket (for 2 people), a per diem of $212.50 per day up to 4 days (for 2 people), 50% reimbursement of shipment of samples and 50% reimbursement of graphic designer fees. We reserve the right to limit the maximum reimbursement if the airline tickets, shipment and graphic designer invoices exceed our total budget for this activity.
To receive a partial reimbursement you will be required to submit documents as outlined below:
- Fully completed CFEA claim and evaluation forms (these will be supplied to you upon completion of the event).
- Copy of an economy airline ticket (full fare economy not permitted) showing dates travelled and price paid. Note: if you fly in a higher class you will need to provide a copy of an economy ticket mockup (not full fare) and submit it along with your ticket and the reimbursement will be based on whichever is cheaper.
- Copy of airline ticket proof of payment. If paying by credit card we will need a copy of the statement showing the airline charge line item, all other items can be blacked out. If paying by cheque we will require a copy of the cleared cheque. If paying by wire transfer, we will need a copy of the wire.
- Copy of the travel advisory from https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/united-states, date stamped the day you purchased your airline ticket and also another copy date stamped the day you depart Canada. If this is not supplied you forfeit the travel reimbursement.
- Copies of boarding passes for all flights. In the event boarding passes are not available we can accept a copy of the hotel check out receipt showing the name of the guest, arrival and departure dates. We will also require copy of the proof of payment. Note: Air BnB and other pre-paid accommodations are not permitted for the reimbursement process.
- For the sample shipment and graphic designer fees, we will require a copy of the invoices and proof of payment same requirement as noted above with the airline ticket.
Please note that should the Government of Canada recommend avoiding non-essential travel prior to your scheduled departure date the travel reimbursement will be forfeited.
Funding for this program is provided by
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s