The Canadian Food Exporters Association would like to invite you to participate in the SIAL Show taking place at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre, Shanghai, China from December 7-9, 2022 (new dates).
A little bit about SIAL China: since 2000, it has been inspiring the food industry by sharing valuable insights and trends, connecting exhibitors and buyers, hosting industry-recognized events, and celebrating innovation. It is expected the 2022 edition will attract 4,500 exhibitors and 150,000 professionals. Participating in the Canadian pavilion will give you the opportunity to promote your products and develop business with buyers and decision-makers for both retail and food service in the world’s largest growing market. You can learn more about this show at http://www.sialchina.com
6sqm CDN $3,790.00 (members) / CDN $7,580.00 (non-members)
9sqm CDN $5,500.00 (members) / CDN $11,000.00 (non-members)
12sqm CDN $7,064.00 (members / CDN $14,128.00 (non-members)
Each Canada branded designed stand will include lighting, carpet, basic electricity, company name sign, counter with company logo, 3 shelves, 1 graphic panel, table and 3 chairs.
There will be a corner surcharge of CDN $500/members or CDN $1,000/non-members. Corners will be offered on a draw basis.
Registration is available online at https://www.cfea.com/sial-china-2022-registration/
Benefits of participating with the CFEA:
- Reduction in your space, travel and shipping costs (CFEA members only, see below)
- Full-service event coordination
- Opportunity to showcase your products to Chinese buyers
If you are not a member and would like to access the member rate, you can apply online for membership at https://www.cfea.com/application and pay the annual fee of CDN $565.00. Only companies producing products in Canada are eligible to participate in this event and for membership in the CFEA.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to working with you!
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will only be permitted if a replacement can be found to take the space. In the event a replacement can be found a $500.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund.
COVID Policy: In an effort to contain the spread of COVID-19, upcoming events may be cancelled, modified, or postponed. In this context, we inform you that by registering for this activity, you agree to bear the responsibility related to it and you agree to pay the costs incurred if the event is cancelled.
- As a co-exhibitor in the Canadian pavilion, you are subject to the same rules and regulations that apply to a direct exhibitor.
- The CFEA will take the necessary steps to limit the costs incurred if the event is cancelled. However, you agree to pay the sums, after applicable subsidies, that could not be reimbursed.
- If you cannot attend the show due to potential travel restrictions, you agree to have a local representative attend in your place and you further agree not to leave the booth vacant.
Travel / Shipment Reimbursement (CFEA members):
The reimbursement will consist of 50% reimbursement of an economy airline ticket (for 2 people) or 50% reimbursement of train ticket (for 2 people – must originate outside of Shanghai to claim train ticket and must also stay in a Shanghai hotel) and a per diem of $212.50 per day up to 6 days (for 2 people). There will also be 50% reimbursement of shipment of samples. We reserve the right to limit the maximum reimbursement if the airline tickets and / or shipment invoices exceed our total budget for this activity.
To receive a partial reimbursement, you will be required to submit documents as outlined below:
- Fully completed CFEA claim and evaluation forms (these will be supplied to you upon completion of the event).
- Copy of an economy airline ticket (full fare economy not permitted) showing dates travelled and price paid per traveller. Note: if you fly in a higher class you will need to provide a copy of an economy ticket mockup (not full fare) and submit it along with your ticket and the reimbursement will be based on whichever is cheaper.
- Copy of airline ticket proof of payment. If paying by credit card we will need a copy of the statement showing the airline charge line item, all other items can be blacked out. If paying by cheque we will require a copy of the cleared cheque. If paying by wire transfer, we will need a copy of the wire.
- If flying from Canada you will need to print a copy of the travel advisory https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/china upon booking your flight and also print an additional copy the date you depart Canada. Travel reimbursement will not be provided without this requirement.
- If submitting train ticket(s) instead of air tickets, you will be required to provide copies of the train tickets per person showing the travel route, date travelled and price paid. Train tickets are only eligible if travelling to and from outside of Shanghai. You will also be required to provide proof of payment.
- Copies of boarding passes for all flights. In the event boarding passes are not available we can accept a copy of the hotel check out receipt showing the name of the guest, arrival and departure dates. We will also require copy of the proof of payment. Note: Pre-paid accommodations are not permitted for the reimbursement process.
- For the sample shipment we will require a copy of the shipping invoice and proof of payment same requirement as noted above with the airline ticket.
Note: Should the Government of Canada reinstate the travel advisory prior to or during the show period then travel reimbursements will only be permitted for local representatives.
Funding for this program is provided by
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada’s
Other Upcoming Events:
March 2022 – July 2022 US ECRM Virtual B2B Programs
March 21-24 2022 EU ECRM Virtual B2B Program
March 28-31, 2022 PLMA Global
April 4-7, 2022 Visitor Program to Alimentaria, Barcelona, Spain
April 26-30, 2022 AAHAR 2022, New Delhi, India
May 16-19, 2022 ANTAD 2022 Trade Mission & Exhibition, Guadalajara, Mexico (one spot available)
June 12-14, 2022 Summer Fancy Food Show, New York
September 5-8, 2022 Fine Food Australia, Melbourne, Australia
December 6-8, 2022 Fi/Hi Europe, Paris, France (deadline to register extended to April 25, 2022)
March 10, 2022 10am ET CETA’s Rules of Origin explained (EUCCAN)
June 22-24, 2022 Speciality & Fine Food Asia, Singapore (Montgomery Group)